Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Like us on Facebook!

This site was created for the Quad city area but anyone is welcome!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Healthy you 4/28/11

Taken from Reshaping it all by Candace Cameron Bure

How many times have you reached for junk food that wasn't part of your plan because you justified that it would be a one-time thing? "Just this time" is a mind trap, and although we've fallen into that trap several times, we keep telling ourselves the same lie. Recognize the thought, and fight it.

 Submit yourselves, then to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. James 4:7

When we resist temptation, it eventually leaves. I promise you that. I mean seriously, you aren't still craving that chocolate bar you rejected last month are you? The temptation eventually left.

Now she isn't saying that these foods are evil. Its just the pull the food has on us. When we are desiring these foods more than we desire God, It becomes a sin.

I'm struggling this week. Feeling kind of in the dumps and this is what makes me want to eat. I'm a chocolate kind of person. Here's a recipe I make that makes me feel less guilty about eating the chocolate. Its about 100 calories a cupcake with a little whip cream on top.

1 box sugar free cake mix ( you can use any flavor but I choose chocolate)
1 can pumpkin
1/2 cup water

mix and put into cupcake pans. bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. (If you have good cupcake pans you don't even have to spray them)
makes 24 cupcakes ( you can also make the smaller cupcakes and have 2 for 100 calories. This is what I like so I feel like I can eat more)

No comments: