Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Like us on Facebook!

This site was created for the Quad city area but anyone is welcome!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Homeschool Wednesday


So we live in the Midwest and this is the most snow I have probably seen in our area in my lifetime...at one time anyway. Our homeschooling day is kind of off today. We have dad and sister at home today. My thought for homeschooling today is how it is never the same each day. I plan out my lesson plans weeks ahead of time and something always happens that it doesn't go as planned. Someone gets sick or something gets cancelled. I will try and plan field trips and on those days we don't plan a lot of school so if it gets cancelled my lesson plans get all thrown off. In homeschooling I have learned that you have to have wiggle room. I have learned to have patience in knowing things aren't always going to go as planned. Ive only been homeschooling for a few years so I am definitely not a seasoned homeschooling mom but I am learning as I go and I have a huge support group to draw knowledge from.

My tip for the day is to enjoy life's interruptions. Don't get annoyed that things aren't going as planned. If your homeschooling day gets messed up, you can make up for it later. Just enjoy your time with your children and don't worry about it too much!

No comments: