Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Like us on Facebook!

This site was created for the Quad city area but anyone is welcome!

Friday, February 25, 2011

Review Friday

Seeing how we have an awesome freezer deal going on this week at Target I figured I would post a review about the Smart Ones meals. I have had these a few times this week for lunch. So far the Fettuccine style ones are pretty good. I fixed the lasagna ones for the kids a few days ago and they weren't too thrilled but I thought they looked good. The lasagna ones are made with ricotta cheese which is my favorite kind of lasagna. The serving portions I feel are just right. I was full after the meals and didn't feel like I needed to make more too eat. Here's the details for the meal pictured here to give you an idea of the nutritional information.
Serving Size 262g

Calories 240
Total Fat 3.5g
Cholesterol 5mg
Sodium 570mg
Total Carbohydrates 41g
You can go to the Smart Ones website here for a complete list of the meals they have. Over all I think these are great meals to have on hand for a quick healthy lunch. At least better than chicken nuggets and mac&cheese, which is what the kids might have. I can fix them a normal lunch and then make myself one of these. And if you get them this week at Target they end up being less than $1/meal!! Can't beat that. See the post here to see how you can get them for cheaper!

No comments: