Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Like us on Facebook!

This site was created for the Quad city area but anyone is welcome!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Healthy you 3/24/11

     I feel like I'm on self sabotage mode this week. I am eating all kinds of really unhealthy foods. I have lost about 6 pounds in the last couple weeks. I haven't worked out at all in a week. It's been so busy for some reason. I havn't gained any back yet but I need to stop before I do.
     These few lines stick out to me in 'Made to Crave'.

 I relied on food more than I relied on God. I craved food more than I craved God. Food was my comfort. Food was my reward. Food was my joy. Food was what I turned to in times of stress, sadness, and even in times of happiness.


Why do we do this. We have an accomplishment and we celebrate by having a feast or going out to eat. We are sad about something and we pull out the chocolate. It's never ending!!

They willfully put God to the test by demanding the food they craved. Psalms 78:18
(She says in the book) Each time I craved something I knew wasn't part of my plan, I used that craving as a prompt to pray. Instead of wallowing in what I can't have , I'm making the choice to celebrate what I can have.

How is everyone elses week going?! Tearing down those bricks one by one (:

No comments: