Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Like us on Facebook!

This site was created for the Quad city area but anyone is welcome!

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Homemade Laundry soap

So yesterday I posted a link to a new friend of mine Luv2BFrugal about making your own Laundry soap. I went to the Hy-vee tonight and bought the things I need to do it. These items are all together in the laundry isle, close to the powder laundry soap. At Hy-vee in Davenport the prices are: Borax $3.38, Washing Soda $2.69, and the Naptha Bar Soap $.99. Which when figured out is about $.70 for 64 loads worth of laundry! I won't get to test it out til at least Monday though. I'll let all of you know. I may even try it for carpet cleaner.

You can go here for more info on why you should try to make your home environment a little healthier. Heres some info on how different cleaners affect you.

This website has some great insight on making your own cleaners. These would be much cheaper than your normal, full of toxin, cleaners! And it doesnt take a lot in ingredients. Let us know if you have a favorite.
Thanks to Steph for the motivation (:

1 comment:

Kaysha said...

I've made my own laundry soap for a couple of years now. I think it cuts grease better than some of the name brand ones do. Also, it works really well if you put it directly on a stain, and it is cheap enough that you don't feel guilty using it that way!