Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Like us on Facebook!

This site was created for the Quad city area but anyone is welcome!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Weight Loss Thursday 3/3/11

     It seems like my biggest issue is that I don't have time to work out and plan good snacks. It seems like its so much easier to just grab something pre-made and unhealthy. With 3 kids and everything going on who has time to plan in work outs!
     Even if you only work out 20 minutes a day, its much better than not at all. If you make working out a habit for at least 20 minutes a day after a while you can increase that to 30 minutes and then maybe even two 30 minute work outs! Its time to take care of yourself and get healthy! You don't even have to do an actual work out for these 20 minutes. Go for a walk with the kids. Let them ride bikes while you jog. Go play tennis with the kids. Make it something you like to do and it won't get boring. You will start to feel great and want to do more!
     I've been thinking alot about the snacks I have. I often forget to eat breakfast. Mornings are my busiest time of the day! Then by lunch or shortly after I'm so hungry I just want to keep snacking on what ever I can find. I have been trying to at least take the time to eat some yogurt in the morning. Its also been great having some pre-planned meals in the house from the Target Freezer deal. So I've been eating those or some Healthy Choice ones I also picked up. I need to work on snacks though. Usually before dinner I start to get kind of hungry and then after dinner I just want to snack! So I'm trying to plan out some almonds in snack bags. That way I don't eat too many but I'm getting my hunger in line before it gets out of control.
     I just created a group on the Ea Sports Active 2 if anyone wants to join. It's 'qccoupdeal' ( It had to be 10 or less) and the password is 'coupon'. I'm not sure how the group thing works. I haven't played around with it enough but maybe we can encourage each other! (:
     This week I was directed to take a look at Job. (Thanks Jennifer for pointing it out.) In Job 11:5-6 (really all of Job) If only God would speak; if only he would tell you what he thinks! If only he would tell you the secrets of wisdom, for true wisdom is not a simple matter. Listen! God is doubtless punishing you far less than you deserve!
     This really spoke to me this week....

No comments: