Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Like us on Facebook!

This site was created for the Quad city area but anyone is welcome!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Homeschool Wednesday

Homeschool Messes (copied from the AOP website.)

"Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin" (Proverbs 20:9)?

   Do you ever feel like you pick up messes all day? As a homeschooling parent, I quickly learned not to wait until the end of the day to clean the house. Walking through each room throughout the day, I continually organized and put a few things away as my children were studying. If I didn't, I knew I wouldn't have enough energy left to tackle the mountains of laundry, dishes, and clutter before bed.
Keeping our lives clean from the messes of sin also takes a continual effort. In the Old Testament, only the clean were allowed in the temple to worship before the Lord. Today, we must come before the Lord daily and allow Him to cleanse us of all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9). Keeping short accounts with God keeps the messes of sin from building into mountains and destroying our relationship with Him.
    Is your spiritual life full of clutter and messes? Are there issues that God has prompted you to clean, such as seeking forgiveness from a family member or disciplining yourself to live a healthier lifestyle?(hmmm...kind of goes with our weight loss Thursday!) Don't wait until tomorrow, next week, or next year to start obeying the Lord. Start today and rediscover the joy, power, and strength that come from living a clean life before the Lord. "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin" (1 John 1:7).
I got this weeks 'Homeschool Wed from  AOP. Go here if you arent familiar with this company or want more info! We use AOP for Language arts, History, and Bible.

No comments: